Monday, November 1, 2010

Flying Time

I cannot believe it is November 1st already. It really seems like somehow it should still be September. I don't want to turn back the clock because I don't want to lose any of the ground I have gained in the past few months--but I do wonder how the time marched on the calendar without me really noticing.

I just deleted a long paragraph about Thanksgiving and Christmas because the words seemed so sad and defeated...I am going to try very hard during late November and December not to wallow in the loss...but to celebrate life. I just haven't quite figured out how I'll do that. Have to get back to you.

On an up note. I heard from two of my cousins whom I haven't talked with in quite some time. They can always make me smile when I think about them. We had such fun growing up together. I can remember thinking as we drove away from their home one Thanksgiving when I was in high school or college "God, no matter what happens in my life, don't let me forget what a great family I have and how content I feel right now. Thank You." I guess I need to spend some time appreciating the many moments that spawned that long ago prayer.

1 comment:

  1. :) I just love the way a good memory makes me feel and how faithful God is even when I forget.

    ReplyDelete