Friday, January 27, 2012

Good Things

January 22, 2011

The kids and I are doing well.  Our little family is thriving.  We still yell and kick and scream (okay, so that is mostly me ;-), but we are pretty quick to recover.  Actually, I have not been yelling and kicking and screaming so much these days, and that is a very good thing.  Yeah!  

As I was singing in a church I was visiting,  I was thinking about several friends who are dealing with serious issues.  They were singing too.  I thought about how amazing it is that we are all there together, singing, pouring out our hearts--our sickness, grief and joy.  How amazing it is that we can stand together and bind up each other as we journey together.  What a gift to share in someone's joy or sorrow.   We may not be able to make their pain go away or change their circumstances, but we can sometimes lessen the pain or increase the joy just by being present.  We--every single one of us--possess such powerful and amazing gifts and capacities.  May each of us recognize and use them wildly and with abandon this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment