Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Just Sayin...


In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
John 1:4

I am not sure why I wrote the details I did in the post "Held" but I think I just needed to write them out that day.  Most of you already knew them because you sort of lived it along side me.  I never want to convey the impression that I think I have suffered any more than anyone else. 

I say this because I frequently hear statements from others who belittle their own grief and loss in comparison to mine, and it really frustrates me.  (Of course, I have done this myself too.) There is no ranking extreme grief and loss...it is just plain hard no matter how it comes. There is not one of you who reads this who has not been cut to the heart by your own tragedy and loss... maybe it has come through death or lost health, personal assault through violence, the painful break up of your family from divorce, or countless other ways someone experiences it every minute of every day.

I hope this blog is encouraging to those who read it...not showcasing "how pitiful" or "how brave" or *whatever* I am.   But how good God is.  His Light does shine in the darkness.  I am nobody special in this world, but in God's kingdom, I am His beloved child whom He does not abandon (even when I turn my back or throw a fit).  And I am praying you know that you are too. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing both of these beautiful, meaningful posts that are indeed encouraging to me.

    ReplyDelete