Monday, February 22, 2010

Rough Places Smooth

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them. (Isaiah 42:16)

I almost named this blog "Rough Places Smooth" in reference to this verse from Isaiah, which has been one of my anchors for the last few years--and particularly these past months. I love the imagery. I turn to it at least once a week, if not more. I love reading the words on the page, but I am also thankful that it is written on my heart so that it can be whispered back to me when I am in need--which is often. After it comes to mind, I usually find myself speaking it out loud. There is something about hearing the words with my ears and not just reciting them in my mind that brings me comfort, strength and encouragement. I am reminded that even though the path looks unfamiliar to me, I have a trusted Guide that knows the way and He is able to "turn the darkness into light...and make the rough places smooth."

2 comments:

  1. Hallelujah! God is good! Thanks for sharing this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way IT IS "written on your heart" and not just on the pages! Thank you for speaking the WORD and reminding us to keep on keeping on and He will make our paths straight! D.O.

    ReplyDelete