Tuesday, March 30, 2010

aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh

I wrote that nice little blog this morning, and if you could have been a fly on the wall at my house tonight you would see why I should not be a role model for anyone. I wanted to throw down and have a temper tantrum to show my children how bad they were behaving. (hmm...now there is a winning solution for you) In fact, I did have a bit of one...Luke's eyes got really big...it would have been funny, if I hadn't felt so scary inside. Why does it take so much energy to hold onto your maturity once it starts slipping away? I am confident that after a good night's rest all will seem better. (Boys and girls, this temper tantrum was performed by an expert. You should not try this at home.)

Even though I am joking about this, I would appreciate your prayers in this area. It was not at all funny when I wanted to explode all over the place. One important aspect of parenting for me has been being intentional about what I expect from my children. When I am intentional and focused (and NOT easily distracted which is my nature), my household is fairly peaceful...well I guess I have to get up, dust myself off, and get back in the saddle in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. Even tho it's well into your morning and your kids have hopefully recovered from "mean mommy" and are enjoying this glorious day - I am praying for you!!! My prayer for my kids every day is that they will not be able to remember all the mean mommy episodes but yet learn the lessons that come from her!! :) D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your honesty!! I will keep you in my prayers. Thanks for writing this blog and sharing your journey with us. I stand amazed at your courage and faith and agree that faith is the only thing that gets us through tough times!
    PT

    ReplyDelete
  3. "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world." CS LEWIS

    ReplyDelete