Thursday, March 18, 2010

He's Not Finished With Me Yet

Well, it's been over a week since I last checked in...things are moving fast. We hope to be in the new house by middle of next week.

I was thinking this morning about how I wake up almost every morning with a sense of excitement and anticipation about the day...even if it is 2:30 in the morning when I wake up for the day. What a gift that has been. I can't say that it always lasts (in fact it often doesn't) through the entire day, but to be able to start each day like that is truly wonderful. I love the quiet time early in the morning before the day "gets messy"... this time of solitude, study, reflection and prayer is extremely life-giving for me. There is so much I don't understand about life, and I have many unanswered questions. However, I do know that the changes inside my once-stone heart are for real...and I know Who is responsible for those changes. I may have asked for them, but those changes were way beyond my ability to achieve. Of course, there is a lot more work to be done...but as Brandon Heath's song plays in my head, "He's not finished with me yet."

I wish you all joy and peace this day.

1 comment:

  1. Sue, What a blessing to feel like that! I remember (and love) that feeling and I'm sure I will feel like that again also, hopefully pretty soon. I guess He's not finished with me either! Love you, Jen S.

    ReplyDelete